Job Opportunity at White Barn Farm in Wrentham, MA
Position Title: Field Crew
Schedule: 40 hours/week. Depending on the time of season, our start time will vary between 7am and 8am. Your schedule will be roughly 8 hours/day, 5 days a week. We are willing to work with the right candidate(s) if s/he is interested in a reduced schedule. This position begins April 1st and goes through October 31st. For every 8 hour shift you receive ½hour paid lunch break.
Responsibilities: Assist the Owners and Production Manager in all aspects of vegetable production, including: harvest, cultivation, transplanting, greenhouse work, retail set-up and distribution, and any other tasks as they arise.
Compensation: $12.75-$14.00/hour based on experience and performance.
White Barn Farm Produce (up to $20/a week)
10% off non-White Barn Farm produce and provisions sold at the farmstand
1 free class/workshop at the farm
2 paid vacation/personal days
2 paid sick days (a vacation day or sick day is the equivalent of 8 hours of work)
No extra charge for the suntan and the workout ;)
No experience necessary
There is opportunity for growth within the business for a successful candidate.
Interview process: Hiring process includes a working interview (We ask that you volunteer with us for a day)
a Letter of Intent
Contact Info for Two References
Affordable Housing could be available for the right candidate.
White Barn Farm is a small family farm in Wrentham, MA that strives to provide its community with fresh produce, flowers and farm products grown using organic methods.
We are an energized, fun-loving team that strives to achieve efficiency and productivity with enthusiasm and a sense of humor. We appreciate hard work and a commitment to excellence and the drive to constantly improve. Although this is not officially an apprenticeship, there are often opportunities to work alongside the farmers. We offer a wide diversity of tasks that allow crew members to develop and broaden their skill-set.
• Can lift 50lbs repeatedly, using proper body mechanics
• Has a valid drivers license
• Ability to complete repetitive tasks for a long period of time in all kinds of weather
• Flexibility - able to shift gears and adapt to variable tasks
• Takes pride in and thrives on efficiency and productivity
• Takes instruction and correction well and is able to ask questions
• Fast learner - Ability to quickly pick up new techniques
• Is punctual and prepared (water bottle, proper attire, footwear, sunblock)
• Works well alone or with a group
• Has a spirit of dedication/enthusiasm
• Communicates well